Lithium inverters are a type of inverter that uses lithium-ion batteries as its power source. The Lithium battery is a C1 battery compared to the Tubular Lead Acid battery, which is a C20 battery which is made for smaller loads back up. The concept of C20 and C1 is the major difference to understand before buying a battery for inverter/UPS, as the C20 battery can draw smaller wattage for running smaller loads, and the C1 battery is meant for running higher loads.https://suvastika.com/tubular-battery-is-c20-and-c10-and-lithium-battery-is-c1-capacity/
The Lithium based Inverter/UPS is called a battery Energy Storage system which is specially made for lithium batteries only and comes with inbuilt and external Lithium battery configurations.
They offer many benefits over traditional inverters that use lead-acid batteries, including:
- Longer battery life: Lithium-ion batteries have a much longer lifespan than lead-acid batteries, typically lasting 2,000 to 3,000 cycles. This means you can expect your lithium inverter to last 10 to 12 years without replacing the battery. At the same time, the tubular lead Acid battery needs to change every 2 to 3 years.
- Faster charging: Lithium-ion batteries can be charged much faster than lead-acid batteries. This is important if you need to restore power after a power outage quickly. The Tubular batteries take at least 15 hours to charge, and the Lithium battery can be charged in 2 hours maximum.
- Lighter weight and smaller size: Lithium-ion batteries are much lighter and smaller than lead-acid batteries. This makes them easier to transport and install.
- Lithium-ion batteries are more efficient than lead-acid batteries, which waste less energy during charging and discharging. This can lead to lower operating costs.
- Safer: Lithium-ion batteries are less likely to catch fire or explode than lead-acid batteries. Lead Acid batteries are prone to accidents as the charging creates gasses inside the battery, and if vents or maintenance of lead acid is not done properly, they can explode and create a lot of panic. This makes them a safer choice for applications where safety is important.https://suvastika.com/how-to-safeguard-against-the-explosions-of-tubular-or-smf-batteries/#:~:text=Inverters%20with%20tubular%20batteries%20can,than%20the%20battery%20can%20take.
Overall, lithium inverters offer many advantages over traditional inverters. A lithium inverter/UPS is a good option if you want an inverter with a long lifespan, fast charging, and lightweight design.https://suvastika.com/difference-between-tubular-and-lithium-battery/
Here are some additional benefits of lithium inverters:
- Reduced maintenance: Lithium-ion batteries require very little maintenance, unlike lead-acid batteries, which must be regularly checked and topped up with water. Tubular battery needs regular water topping, and the biggest challenge is getting distilled water from the market to refill the battery.
- After the water is filled in, the battery spillage on the Acid battery floor is another challenge that most users face, and the floor is permanently spoiled.
- Environmentally friendly: Lithium-ion batteries are more environmentally friendly than lead-acid batteries, as they do not contain lead or other harmful chemicals. But Tubular lead batteries emit lead fumes that harm kids and older people.
- Wide temperature range: Lithium-ion batteries can operate in a wider temperature range than lead-acid batteries, making them a good choice for applications in extreme climates. At the same time, the Tubular battery needs an ATC(Automatic Temperature Compensation) feature in the Inverter/UPS to run them properly in extremely cold or hot temperatures.https://suvastika.com/maximize-battery-life-in-ups-inverter-by-having-atc-feature-for-charging-lead-acid-batteries/
If you are considering purchasing a lithium inverter, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
- The cost of lithium inverters is typically higher than traditional inverters. However, the higher upfront cost can be offset by the lower operating costs and longer lifespan of lithium-ion batteries. As the Lithium battery is a C1 battery and the Tubular battery is a C20 battery, you need to use a lower capacity battery than the Tubular battery, which is also a strong factor and saves the cost. So Lithium is cheaper than a Tubular lead Acid battery if you want to run higher loads.
- The size and weight of lithium inverters can vary depending on the battery’s capacity. Make sure to choose an inverter that is the right size for your needs.
- Lithium inverters/UPS require a different charging algorithm than Lead Acid batteries, so you need to buy the Inverter/UPS, which has the feature or option of lithium battery charging.
Overall, lithium inverters/UPS offer many advantages over traditional inverters. A lithium inverter/UPS is a good option if you want an inverter with a long lifespan, fast charging, and lightweight design.